What are the benefits of exercise in mental health?
Today we will discuss“What are the benefits of exercise in mental health?”
Neurogenesis is the process by which nervous system cells, The neurons are produced by neural stem cells.
This happens with all species except for the sponges and placozoans.
The hippocampus is a major part of the brain. Humans have two hippocampi one on each side of the brain.
What does the hippocampus do and where is it located
- Play the role in Consolidation of information from short term memory to long-term memory
- And also enables spatial memory that helps with navigation
- It is located in the middle of the brain
- it contains two main interlocking parts, hippocampus proper and dentate gyrus
The effects of exercise on growing more stem cells and delaying the onset of dementia/memory loss
In a study at the University of British Columbia, researchers found a regular aerobic exercise
- boosts the size of the hippocampus
- Improves verbal memory
- Improves learning
- Dementia is detected every four seconds globally.
The estimate by the year 2050 more than 115M people will have dementia worldwide.
Benefits of Exercise
The benefits of exercise are;
- Produces insulin resistance
- Reduces inflammation
- Stimulates the release of growth factors for gene expression and cellular differentiation
- Improve his mood
- Improve sleep quality
- Reduces stress and anxiety
The prefrontal cortex and medial temporal cortex him greater volume in people who exercise versus people who don’t.
Types of Exercise
What types of exercises should you start doing today?
- One hour walk today
- Weight-bearing exercises
- Bike riding
- High-intensity interval training
- Hot yoga
- Stair climbing
Exercise is your best medicine. It’s natural and exhilarating. Live your best life today with exercise
Benefits of Virtual/Online Exercise
- May cost less money
- Apps like the peloton are affordable & easy to operate
- saves drive time to the gym
- Online virtual exercise reduces exposure to the coronavirus and the flu bug
- You can choose your Instructor & coach online
- Is more private in your own home or backyard
- Is effective
- Saves time & gas moneyGet a 15 minute FREE Hypnosis from our expert. Book Now!!!
Add a Comment